Michigan Disability Rights Coalition is a disability justice movement working to transform communities.
Michigan Disability Rights Coalition
Communities of Power is a source of information about issues of importance in Michigan's Disability Community! It is also an invitation to you to participate in making our communities accessible, integrated, and supportive - to make full citizenship for seniors and people with disabilities an expectation, not a goal. Communities of Power is maintained by the Michigan Disability Rights Coalition (MDRC).
Join us for a fun day and support MDRC! Fun*A*Rama will take place on Sunday afternoon, May 18 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Spare Time Entertainment Center near Frandor. There are many opportunities for sponsor involvement and recognition.
- Register Your Bowling Team here! Suggested donation is $15.00 per person or $75 per lane with a maximum of 5 bowlers. You can bowl two games or until 3:30 p.m. Trophies and prizes awarded based on first game only.
- Call us for more information! (517) 333-2477 ext 315 or (800) 760 -4600 ext 315 or
Not planning to bowl? Come enjoy these other fun activities while supporting MDRC:
- Laser Tag
- Rope Course
- Awesome Arcade Games
- Corn Hole Game
- Sand Volleyball
- Plus a Spectacular Silent Auction!
To make a donation in advance (if you are not registering a bowling team), you can use MDRC's Network for Good donation site. Please designation Fun*A*Rama on the form.
Learn How to Choose Health Insurance
Not sure how to shop for or choose health insurance? Michigan State University Extension educators are trained to help you make the best health insurance decision for yourself and your family. Through an online Smart Choice workshop people will learn how to:
- Analyze your health insurance needs
- Learn important terms and concepts
- Compare sample health insurance plans
- Understand available resources
- Take the next step deciding about health insurance
Join for free weekly webinars on Mondays from 3-5pm or 6-8pm. Click “Guest” and type in a name. (You will be anonymous.)
Make a Difference - Sign Up for Action Alerts
When you sign up for MDRC alerts, we'll email you when issues arise and give you the information you need to take action on issues important to Michigan's disability community. Don't miss this opportunity to have your voice heard! Follow the link "Take Action" on the side menu.