Skip To Content
- Further Michigan Disability Rights Coalition's mission and vision.
- Be consistent with MDRC values including: "Nothing about me, without me."
We encourage individuals who meet all the following criteria to apply:
- Person with a Disability: Individuals who are elders who have disability characteristics but do not consider themselves to be people with disabilities will also be considered. Parents of children with disabilities are also considered. We encourage individuals not supported by agency funds (i.e. employed by an advocacy organization).
- Michigan Resident
- Person who will Give Back: Individuals must commit to use their gained knowledge through being involved in a significant way in systems change initiatives in Michigan.
General Selection Criteria:
- Prior Approval:All conferences/trainings must be approved before the event. We strongly advise the application be received at least one month in advance.
- Single Activities:One class/training will be approved at a time.
- Other Funding Sources: In order to avoid supplanting other potential funding, the applicant may be referred to other funding sources. For example, the applicant may be referred to Michigan Rehabilitation Services for career building training.
- Funds are Limited. There is no guarantee of funding. This fund may not always cover the entire associated costs in order to provide opportunities to as many people as possible.